Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Basic England

Just off the plane, we had a quick jaunt into London, ate @ a French restaurant (the only restaurant we went to with food palatable for me), and saw "The Pain and the Itch" an American play actually which is rather awkward, I wouldn't suggest it - though the guy who played Darcy in 2005 Pride and Prejudice was in it which was the whole reason we went. Hours slept thus far: 20 minutes.


Friday, still in London, had the day before our train to Harrogate. Had a roll for breakfast. Tried to have more but learned London's version of bacon is a tortilla shaped slab of lard. Went on the red double-decker bus tour which was quite fun except that we were stuck in traffic for a good hour and by the time we made it to any of the real attractions it was pouring. Like... really pouring. Like we couldn't see out the windows (we had moved down stairs only when the rain got ridiculous). I really liked the tour all the same because of all the England-y buildings we saw as we slugged on through the red line tour. Hours slept since leaving home: 1 hour, 20 minutes.

Friday midnight/Saturday was spent reading and, for me sleeping. (pic to be inserted when I get one shared with me)

Sunday I got to bed at 10am and woke at 11:44am in time to catch a ride into York where we walked the wall here. Total hours slept since Wednesday: 8 hours 40 min.

4 comments:

diane said...

You don't look so bad for being in a zombie, sleep deprived state. Did the buildings really curve like that (oops that was in snapfish) or is it the camera lense?

Ada said...

They really curved... everything is just smashed in wherever they could get it.

Albert said...

Welcome home, honey. Much looked familiar. London charmed me almost as much as Italy did. I'm going back one of these days.

Jen Gray said...

I hope you are all caught up on sleep by now!

I loved London, too, though I've only spent 48 hours there (including sleep time). =)