Saturday, January 06, 2007

Will you Listen to me?

Abby was terrific today. She started out the day going to Denny's with Daddy and took her nap and had no accidents. We went to church (without Steve) and listened to the praise band (she clapped and sang and held out her hands) and went to the Sunday School Class (which she calls 'Jesus') and had a great time.

Then for a very long ten minutes she wouldn't do as I said and she was un-phased by my extremely angry voice or threats of loss of dinner with the family (I would have fed her - she just wouldn't have gotten to go with the grandparents). Finally, I took her to the car and had a stern talking to with her.

I saw the moment it clicked that she had missed out on the dinner and I said, "Will you listen to me if we go? Will you listen and not fight me?"

She agreed. And moments later, "Will you listen to me Momma? If we go you have to be happy."

I found that endearing and psychologically amazing.

Even though apparently my angry voice has become void. Oh, well ups and downs...

2 comments:

Dave said...

Nothing like your child responding to your discipline with love and endearment to make you feel like a bully...

Chef Ed said...

so much wisdom from the little one's, eh?