Monday, January 29, 2007

Abby: Criminal Mastermind in the Making

Rather than cuddle up with a teddybear tonight Abby wanted to cuddle with the new ball I got her from PartyWorld.
(after a minute snuggling with it)
A: I really just want to throw it
me: (pause as I try not to laugh) If you throw it I take it away
A: I really just want to turn it so I can see all the colors
me: That's playing with it. If you turn it I take it away.
A: I just want to turn it.
me: No playing with the ball, Abby or I take it away.
A: But its not playing. It's not a trick, its a 'tend trick
me: A what trick?
A: Its just pretend, its okay.
me: No it's not.
A: Yes it is! It's just pretend.
me: I know it's - I mean it's not ok. It's not time for playing.
A: It's time for pretend
me: No.
A: Yes.
me: Abby.
A: (pause) Why'd you say Abby?
me: Because you weren't listening to me.
A: Ok, thats important momma, looks like we'll have to go.
me: Huh?
A: I understand. It looks like we have to go.
me: Okay... (humoring her)
A: Did you say okay?
me: (realizing she trapped me) No!

No comments: