Monday, August 31, 2009

Famous Last Words

So, I had an OB appt scheduled for Wednesday Sept 2 - I would be 34 weeks. He's out of town so they called just now to reschedule. As we talked she realized they were booked up all the next week and so she put me on Sept 14 (Abby's birthday!! Whoo!!). That's all fine - thats like 35.5 weeks. Still plenty of time. Mind you Abby was Due Oct 1 - so what does that make her? 2.5 weeks early? (you remember, we went into the doc for our OB appt and the doc said, oh you've still got quite a ways to go and then we had Abby three days later?) Still no problem, plenty of time.

But it was the "How many weeks are you?" I answer. She says, "So, you're not going to be delivering anytime soon." And I roll my eyes, way to JINX me lady. I don't want a baby TOO early. I don't want him to be late either, but I want him healthy and fat.

1 comment:

diane said...

plenty of time yet...