Sunday, August 30, 2009

Deep Breaths...

You all are doing great scheduling your shoots. I'm really excited that I'll be filling up my pre-baby time with shoots for many reasons.
One, because I really do enjoy my work, especially when I do it well.
Two, because I am going to use the proceeds to buy Abby, Jack and Finn Christmas presents. Three, it is a pretty cool way to distract myself from the fact that I will have gained like twice as much weight as either of my two pregnancies... combined... okay, maybe that's an exaggeration.
Four, it means I don't have to miss out on being a photographer for Christmas season.

For those of you who want to wait until November or December for a Christmas Card photoshoot with me, here are a few things I've been thinking about. Firstly, I do plan on working weekends only. Short, local shoots only. My rate will increase slightly and I may or may not have a baby strapped to me. :) If you're good with all of that, I'm excited to still be doing what I love to do. I will not pigeon hole myself too early though. I can't guarantee I'll be able to do all this shooting post baby - that is the biggest downside to anyone who wants to work with me to waiting - I just don't know for sure how I will be, how the baby will be and how everyone else around the baby will be :). Family comes first, and this is a pretty unique time in my life. So I'll still want to get a date on the calender, but it will be with a caveat that you can't sue me if I have to cancel post-baby.

I had two shoots this weekend. Both were very nice, very inspiring, and just made me more excited to work more.

As I peruse my calender though, it also makes me realize I need to be more conscious and diligent about the time I'm spending with my kiddos when I'm just in charge of being mom. So often I put off the fun stuff until the weekend or until I "get this done" and that just isn't going to work the more I could be trying to "get done."

I have two shoots scheduled for the coming weekend. Sunday is still open - it wasn't previously. Contact me soooooon about pricing if you want to grab it - afternoon/sunset is what I'm thinking.

No comments: