Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Abby was an Elephant, I am not all here...


gh
To add to Abby's fun filled summer, she had another week of ballet camp. Wherein she was "a super cute elephant." As per most of her summer activities, this was the best week ever. Of course - now gymnastics is the best ever...
Where have I been?

I've entered a new realm of sleep deprivation. Scrapbooking would still probably work most of the time, but it's no longer a guarantee - nothing is. I started months ago with like ten push ups a night to get my "twitches" (restless leg syndrome) out. After a while that wasn't enough - so I did the buns & thighs section of Winsor Pilates. That consistently worked for about three weeks. Then that wasn't enough, I'm not at the point that I do about 40-60 push ups, pilates, yoga poses, and some of the new strength reps from the Wii and THEN take a shower to even have a chance at sleep. Mind you, I've already done a 45 minute Wii workout during the day/evening so it's not like I can just exercise earlier. No, it has to be RIGHT in the middle of the night to help at all. I'm usually doing this a 1 or 2... or maybe 3 or 4 in the morning. About 5am I can sleep without these crutches. Aren't I lucky?

The thing about sleep deprivation is that my mind is not fully functioning enough to realize or complete certain things that might make a positive change. For example Jack is 99.9% of the time a consistent napper. I *could* nap when he naps. But when I was pregnant Jack I got into that habit and gave up on sleep and I felt like that wasn't brilliant. However, at this point, I need ANY sleep. So, that's the first step I can make.

1 comment:

Creative Mama said...

if you werent there who took these lovely photos!