Saturday, May 23, 2009

Snapfish Frustration

Oh wow how incredibly bored I'm going to be by these posts in a few weeks.

Even so...

Here's the problem. Smugmug has superior quality printing and crazy superior quality upload tools than Snapfish. But they are also much more expensive. That's okay, you figure - the really good prints for scrapbooking or for framing I'll put up on Smugmug and I'll use Smugmug as a third protection against loss (i.e. off site backup). But for my everyday photos I'm going to be cutting up and pasting in the scrapbook (half of which I don't even use) I'll use snapfish and in a way it will even be a FOURTH backup.

Well now I remember WHY I stopped uploading on snapfish (which was frustrating as I tried to get photos to scrapbook).

Because their mac easy upload is fine for small quality images or for small amounts of photos, but try to upload a massive amount or a normal amount in decent size and it's extremely frustrating. It's not like I can just restart the upload from where it died because it seems to pull randomly from the order of images - so each time I have to guess or start over arbitrarily and end up with four copies of one image and none of the other. Grr. Grumble. Bah.

1 comment:

Creative Mama said...

I had the VERY SAME thoughts last night!!! BAH stupid snapfish!!!