Sunday, May 10, 2009

Not that This Works...

As I always put here things I want to remember for future shoots and I never remember whether or not it's in here.

Anyway, I had as close as you can come to perfect shoot Friday morning with James Q who was so smiley and happy that I actually didn't have as many shots to choose from as I usually do since he was smiling in nearly every one, therefore rendering many of them too identical to use. What a problem to have, eh? Anyway, because he was smiley, because I knew what I wanted from the shoot and because I knew my light in that place, I didn't need to shoot as much or as long. Therefore, when it came time to edit, it wasn't overwhelming, just simple and happy.

I carried over the "shoot better and less" to my next shoot of the day for Dena and similarly, just did not need to spend as much time pouring over images making the editing process more straight forward and just plain nicer.

EVEN so I probably shot three times as many pictures as I needed to in both those sessions. I found myself clicking away and thinking... this is really not necessary, I got it three clicks ago.

So... go me... remember that.

Also I just have to keep a better eye on that clock. When we're charging a third of what other professionals are charging, keeping our time low is synonymous with keeping our spirits over this high.

1 comment:

Creative Mama said...

lovely work Ada... working smarter... excellent... not much feels better... :)