Friday, April 17, 2009

Snaggletooth


Abby lost one of her front teeth last week. Quite a relief since both of them are loose and they were so wobbly together that it was disconcerting suddenly seeing her teeth at odd angles to each other. Of course now, with just one, it seems to be filling in space and looks almost to be in the center of the gap now as it wobbles freely. I keep thinking, it's got to come out soon!

Anyway when the first of the two fell out I reassured her with the idea that she would get a surprise under her pillow now. And she said, "It better not be money!" in the same tone I would say, "Abby, you'd better not be burying Jack under those pillows!"

What did she want then? A notebook with pens attached. Well, I said, that is a pretty big thing, that might have to wait til that second tooth falls out.

SO we're waiting and waiting and waiting... Abby is spending the night at Gramma's tonight and I found this waiting for me on my instant messenger:

Momma, I don't have much time until my tooth falls out and I might be away so you don't have time to get my notebook, but I want it to be a surprise. Also you need to buy me huge dolls and you tell glades to put them on my bed after she cleans (in the right order). I have a cough both day and night and if you want me to get better you will have to ask uncle aaron for some medicine and maybe that will help. I love you very much and will see you soon. Abby

Is it just me, or does that just make everyone's heart rip to shreds in maternal guilt, love, chagrin and aww factor?


update: it's OUT!!!

No comments: