Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Not to be Outdone

Okay. So... I don't know... a year ago(?) Abby started prefacing her pretend play by telling us "Pretend I'm a dog named Trixie"... or some such thing. Then, fairly quickly after that it became, "Pretend I can change into anything and right now I'm a dog named Trixie"... it went on to include clarifications like:

Pretend I Can change into anything and right now I'm a dog/horse named Trixie...

"who likes goldfish and pizza and quesadillas"
which eventually got shortened to
"who likes everything I normally like"
and... after some frustrations from the parents
"who is good and listens and doesn't jump"
and, just because she's a sentimental kind of gal
"who likes Mommy and Jack"

It's been a half funny half roll-my-eyes type thing because I have to be polite you know and listen and it's just a bit on the long-winded side... It's just in in the last week that she's accepted other names besides Trixie but then of course that just added to the schpeel... which couldn't possible get any longer, right?

But then yesterday...



this is abbreviated, believe it or not. Originally she told me "Pretend I'm a wiggle, but I'm a girl, I'm Anthony's sister and..."

No comments: