Sunday, November 16, 2008

More Thoughts on Money

Just had a very nice photoshoot with the lovely Shannon Stewart (you know, the photographer I am always trying to attain equality to in coolness?). We all worked hard which actually made me feel good - because I always feel like any of my photo shoots everyone leaves exhausted - myself, the parents, the kids and any bystanders. So it's nice to know, whatever magic she gets, flowers and babies don't just get hypnotized by her brilliance.

I can't wait to see the pictures. I can't say I felt like I did a great job as a model, but I have absolute faith that I'll like them.

I wanted to pick her brain about all sorts of things photography:

What happens if you've got kids who really really really truly won't sit for you? Well, I know the answer to that I guess. Get artsy pouting pictures - but that's if it's not a family shoot...

How does she get that LOOK about her photos - as if she's above them but on their level at the same time. huh Huh HUh?

How does she always manage to get the eyes? Even in a pouting or running kid?

What aperture does she use? Hmmmmmm???

Oh well, I know I know, I'm exploring my own style and craft, blah blah blah... I'm still jealous and in awe though.

Is her sitting fee enough to keep her not too busy - i.e. discouraging anyone but people not to overwhelm her? Or is it just a perk to make it all worth it?

But I didn't want to sidetrack us from the family shoot.

2 comments:

Albert said...

So great to feel how much you enjoy and are challenged by photography!

Albert said...

So great to feel how much you enjoy and are challenged by photography!