Saturday, November 08, 2008

Holy Cow, I'm a Movie Star...




Okay, perhaps a movie star wouldn't be so shocked to look glamorous... Gina Long is a mom from Abby's pre-school (we are all known as the mom of our child here, no other status symbols make it past the door) and she is one of those people that I have spied from a distance, thinking "I bet we'd like each other" in the weird distant way I do. But social outings never found us together - our kids, if they did play together, didn't force us to plan playdates, we never even seemed to do our work days on the same day.

Besides the intuitive feeling like we would get along, the only other thing I knew about Gina was that she cleaned way too thoroughly at a workshop day. But I didn't hold that against her. ;)

Anyway, true to form, the last year our kids will probably be in the same school, I figure out we actually DO get along (not just in my head) and we actually have quite a lot in common.

Not the least of which is a love of photography. Hence the super cool awesome pictures above (thank you Gina).

I was talking to my mom about them, just thinking you know my normal self, in my opinion, is not exactly an intimidating force. In general, unless I'm actively trying to fight against my nature, my natural inclination is to try to make everyone else comfortable - if that means acting like a clown or just ... you know... bowing a little to show a little weakness. But in my heart of hearts - as I'm taking pictures of other gorgeous people, I'm wishing someone would make me look magazine glamorous... not glamour shot glamour - but super cool glamour... oh its easy to tell you what I mean because they are right here attached to this post. And I don't mean to say no one has tried - or that it has been the fault of any other fabulous photographers out there - but, since I'm as naturally self-conscious as I am not (I'm an oxymoron, what can I tell you?), I needed someone to walk me down this road of being in FRONT of the camera. SO for this and all the fun we're going to have - Thanks Gina!!!!

1 comment:

Creative Mama said...

Nice work Gina!!!
ada.. your always a star in my books...