Thursday, November 13, 2008

Gone Baby, Gone

Well, first off, my hats to SEVERAL of you who get bragging rights to say "I told you so"

Through a series of unfortunate events I have destroyed my external hard drive... with ALL my pictures and videos from the last ten years (and all of YOURS too most likely). I was, ironically enough, two days away from backing it up on the drive Steve was letting me use. I was also, double ironically enough, only using it to try to be safe - dumping the newest batch of photos on there in case my computer decided to go belly up again. I usually never use it in iffy situations because I knew I wasn't properly backed up - but I was frazzled and it was just a terrible horrible no good very bad day, what can I tell you?

I'm dealing with it well because my unofficial backup of snapfish really does have most everything on there. The only things I'm missing are the most recent (*see frazzled) stuff which I hadn't had a chance to upload yet. But it's okay... mostly and blessedly, I don't even remember what I'm missing (*see frazzled).

ANYWAY this is also a public service announcement. If I have taken any pictures of you or your family that you love and have NOT ordered off of snapfish - I suggest you do so. There is no guarantee Snapfish will not fail either (see Hazel's early days Snapfish nightmare)... and if it does - I will have absolutely nothing for you.

No comments: