Friday, November 21, 2008

Men in Black Realization

"Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."

No, I haven't been thinking of aliens... vampires - yeah but that's neither here nor there.

What I do keep thinking about is my own version of that quote.

I was looking through my photography blog posts trying to find a top ten of sorts that I can give to Steve for the soon to be launched brightwatersphotography.com. And I realized just how errr young my photography pursuit is. It didn't upset me but it made me look at my current work vs my older work (less than a year ago) and what popped into my head was "wow, just imagine a year from now how sucky my work from today will be..."

Thats a positive thing in case you think I'm in need of encouragement - its not that - I love what I've been doing - so to hope that I look back and find it rough and amateur of my style would be great.

And there will always be pictures I take that are beyond me for my own level - for instance my first two baby shoots - I got tremendous eyes - I'm either slipping on that or I dunno... haven't had the right set of circumstances again.

It's an exciting thought... onwards and upwards...

1 comment:

diane said...

Think of it as the primative you..