Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Reunions








It has been a year of reunions...  First our Westmont one and this wedding... and facebook has helped too...

Anyway, I've discovered something not terribly exciting.  I was right to like the people I liked.

It's difficult to keep in touch obviously with everyone.  I find it is almost ESPECIALLY difficult to keep in touch with people who you just like who they are - but you don't necessarily have any other close connection to - i.e. proximity, obsession, etc.  

But when you do reconnect nothing even needs to be caught up.  I mean, besides the big tragedies and the big triumphs - but even those - they don't change the person too fundamentally different - not the parts that I liked initially anyway.

SO... I have had a rediscovery of liking friends I always liked.


1 comment: