Saturday, October 25, 2008

Before I Forget

Things that make my heart hurt (in a good way):

The night Steve came home I was putting Abby to bed and she wanted to talk to him.  So we called to see just EXACTLY how close to home he was.  Abby said very little and shrugged away from the phone, so I let Steve get back to his freeway journey home.  As soon as I hung up Abby got up and hugged herself, "I just miss him so much I'm going to cry," she said sadly.  

In this video made the day previous, you'll notice her priorities are blessedly 5 year old appropriate: presents, world made of candy, and oh yeah, I miss and love you.  Let me know if you need it translated as she had lost her voice.  When Julie heard her, she said Abby sounded like a muppet and I can't think of a better way to describe it!



In Jack news:

I've been extra sleepy recently (I know, no big surprise), but it feels like a teensy version of jet lag - like I have been keyed up in one way or another since Steve has been gone and now that he is back, the exhaustion is showing.  SO, I was napping in a casual sort of way on the floor while we watched tv.  After a little while Jack made his way over to me and patted me on the head, trying to peel off my nose - that sort of thing.  Next thing I knew, he was resting his head on top of mine... as if he'd decided napping sounded good to him.

Sure enough I took him upstairs and just lay down next to him for a while and after he'd explored my face for a couple minutes, he just dropped off to sleep.  It was just a very nice moment.


1 comment:

Albert said...

There are so many like this from you - where I say nothing and just glow ... but it's entries like these two that fill up my gratitude list (and my heart) in an instant.