Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween 2008



(the above is the only one I had time to tweak - all others are raw and uncool - plus expect a repeat of the above on brightwaters - maybe I'll use the black and white for that post)





Well, I am on a new mission... and that is not to be such an (unintentional) Scrooge. Holidays mean all the good things to me somewhere deep in the recesses of my mind. But at the forefront, they just mean stress and crowds and screwed up naps and things like that.

Unless I consciously try to change this - I'll probably get over this RIGHT at the age that my kids are unintentionally horribly negative about everything. So I might as well enjoy this time.

SO all that being said and pledged to change, we had a great Halloween - one reason being that Abby loved, adored, cherished, lived in her costume. She wanted to be a bride and what a bride she was. From the tip top gorgeous veil and train that my mom happily added to the already awesome dress she made to the incredible sequin glass slippers from Zoozy, Abby was glowing. She explained to anyone who asked that she was too little to be a REAL bride, that she was just pretending for Halloween.

Jack had no problem with his costume except for (predictably) the hood/mask. He had a FANTASTIC time at Abby's pre-school party - watching the kids, playing in the sand and going infinitely up and down the play structure (VERY proud of himself).

My mom being there to let Jack do all this made my day. We got a Gus/Jack picture - though the best one is on Sarah's blog.

Then I had Poppa here to let me sort thru my day and feed me. I really have no right to be an anxious person considering how many people I have chipping in to make my life easier.

Off to Gramma's we went for an impromptu Halloween party and Steve's birthday celebration all in one. It was great. Jack slept even though there was a party going on. It was just really really nice.

2 comments:

diane said...

Thanks for the pictures dear!

Juliana Shain said...

So pretty. Abby looks like you found her outside of a church in Romania.