Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Poison Control Center, How I Love Thee

I am mostly completely sure and aware that no little confusing line or different measuring mini-cup I use would be enough to send Abby into some medical induced trauma... I mean, I'm pretty dang careful.

But its times like tonight where I gave her the wrong dose of Benedryl and I KNOW it wasn't much more, but it was still more than I usually give her that Poison Control Center is my friend.

Aaron tells me it's medical students or volunteer doctors giving their time and it is so worth it.

Even if it is just to have them laugh at me and tell me 18times more than the dose I gave would be when they worried.... probably not 18 times...  but 17 more lines than I gave.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, they are great. i wish we had handy dandy 800 numbers for lots of other reassuring folks as well. like an 800 number for a cindy hunter-type person--"hello, i just said XXXX to my child. will that scar her for life? no? great! thanks so much!"

Ada said...

snrt - maybe thats our grand plan - we can set that up.

Juliana Shain said...

"17 more lines" ??

Um....I'm thinking poison control should've had more of an issue with that. Either them or Child Protective Services.