Monday, October 20, 2008

Consolidate

Okay, I  can't keep up with three blogs.  Two blogs, I think I can do.

So Abby&Jack blog won't be updated except maybe for special things for posterity's sake. Those of you who like the Abby&Jack blog because then you don't come here and listen to me whine on THIS blog... sorry. :)

So, what's been happening?

The photo thing has still been keeping me happy and thriving.  

Steve is in Venice again filming - it's been easily his most challenging business trip ever beginning with us sleeping thru his original flight, the computer breaking at LAX for his replacement flight, a time mix-up for his connection, they lost his bags, someone died on the ship before they got there so they were not allowed in to film for a day, and various sundry problems.

As is often true in marriage, tough time for Steve equals tough time for me.  A lot of guilt for example as I had unplugged the phone upstairs the night before that missed flight because four calls that night woke up Abby.  We didn't have our normal "pray for trip" prayer in which certainly one of us would have mentioned getting up in time and would probably therefore prompted us to set another safeguard.  

The ironic thing is that the REASON we missed it is because we were just so happy and relaxed.  Steve has been getting up this early for most of his trips with Princess, so we felt confident. Usually he sets three alarms, usually the phone is connected, usually we don't have both Abby and Jack waking up every fifteen minutes.

I was feeling two ways about this trip - still do.  On the one hand, I have quite a lot of time to myself when Steve is on a trip... it's also a time when my mom comes and we get a lot of projects done.  So in that way, it's sort of a nice time.

On the other hand... I don't know if this is just me being cheezy or what, but it seems to me that we're in a very double sunrise time in our marriage (reference to 'Gift from the Sea')... and so, I feel more than ever that we're part of the same.  In other words, it doesn't feel right that we'll be apart.  

The only positive about all the 24/7 type working he's been doing recently is that I wasn't particularly worried about taking on single parent duties since I feel like any time away I have had - things like going to the grocery store or ... well, that's about it.  That's not to say I've been doing it alone - everyone's been pitching in.  My poor mom didn't realize that the only way to get personal time is for her to be an hour away working full time.  Ah well, lesson learned, she can't do anything about it now!!! Mwah ha ha ha ha ha.

A special thanks by the way to Megan for lending me her laptop for the weekend.  I was going to be without any photoshop at all for that time and it's been great. I might even get a little ahead while I wait for my computer to be fixed.

A forever and always special thanks to Marysue for Gladys... I am home in a super clean house... that's just heaven.

FYI the cutest thing in the world, in case you were wondering, is when Jack takes off talking.  He has very strong opinions about the world and will just jabber on and on.  Especially at Target.  It cracks me up.

Jack is also a master kisser.  He spent a good ten minutes last night toddling between my mom and I, giving us kisses and hugs, then looking to the other for "Ooooooo"s.  He's also still a giggler and a crawler.  He takes a step or two but he's still against the concept in general.

Jack's crib is up - he hates it, but I think he'll come around.

My mom and I went to a seminar for calm, peaceful, happy parenting and while we don't quite have the hang of all the little tricks, we do see a difference already.  It's pretty interesting.

Julie came to visit and helped me cart the kids around to lunch and soccer pictures (small disaster).  Samantha helped me coach Abby for soccer practice yesterday - and I was SO impressed with how much Abby has learned already.  Steve must be good out there with her.

The new favorite television show around here is Imagination Movers - both Abby and Jack adore it.  Abby wants to know what city on this planet they live in so that she can write them and then they'll write her back.

Abby is... just a sweetheart.  She's still terrified to go to bed, but listens to Raffi all night long to calm her nerves.  She still loves Jack - still has issues remembering Mommy doesn't want her to pick him up (case in point, she got him in his swing... and obviously didn't belt him in... CRASH).

I just feel like I've been in a funk and I think it's been about the same time period as Jen being diagnosed with cancer and Steve working like a crazy man.  So there you go, Jen, just another thing to add to your plate... your tragedy is affecting my MOOD... how dare you?




















2 comments:

Jen Gray said...

La la la la la....not my fault....la la la la la.

Can I just point out that you've always been this crazy? My cancer is just a convenient excuse for extra crazy.

P.S. You know I love you, right? ; )

Ada said...

yeah yeah...