Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Some Public Service Announcements

#1 Lettuce does not freeze.
(Look, since my husband refuses to let me cook the same thing every single night, our lettuce consumption just cannot keep up with the 8 oz container of shredded lettuce. I just thought I'd TRY not to be wasteful here people. And, you know, in case any other semi-domestic people were out there wondering if you could freeze lettuce so you didn't have to pile your soft taco with two cups of shredded lettuce to avoid throwing it out, I just wanted to save you the trouble and disappointment)






#2 Cupcakes are like beer.
(Well, to me anyway. I had a great photo shoot on Monday and just desperately needed to celebrate. So when I say, 'Oh, I could really go for a tall frosty one'... I mean a big frostingy cupcake... made by me... I fell off the wagon all right... the DAY I weighed in two pounds from my goal... I fell off the wagon. Go ahead... judge me, I don't care! I have the cupcakes already! You can't take them away from me!!)













#3 Dreyers are lousy greedy turkeys. (expletive courtesy of Zoozie)

WHY has the world not ignited in shock and disgust? Dreyers has reduced the size of their container (and indeed what is inside said container) and *not* the price required to purchase dinky container. You wanted proof? BESIDES the label clearing changing from 1.75 quarts to 1.5 quarts? HERE is the truth.




Can you handle it?! Obviously you can... but you shouldn't. I cry HAVOC...

4 comments:

Jen Gray said...

Okay, #1: Yes, of course lettuce doesn't freeze. Should have asked me first. Also, Adam says you should just start growing your own lettuce because then you can harvest when you feel like it (we just pick a little at a time). To which I replied, "Ha hahahahahhaha....have you MET my friend Adrea?!?"

#2: No worries. We all need a little sugar to get through the day (or celebrate the day or whatever) from time to time. And I know there is nothing like the homemade stuff.

#3: Adam is shocked and dismayed over the ice cream. He may or may not have used some expletives when he went to OUR freezer to discover that we do in fact own the (gasp!) smaller size. Bastards. Me? I'm annoyed at the fact that the diapers that I use for Anna did the same thing! With no notice! Less diapers and they cost the same per package. It is JUST NOT RIGHT!!!! ARGH!!!

megan said...

We tried Dryers Yogurt Blends (in order to be 'more healthy') and upon getting it home discovered that it was a more stoutly container. I didn't realize that the regular ice cream had also been effected!

megan said...

or is it affected? :)

James Lamb / tvjames said...

#3 - That's the way it goes. I'm guessing that at one point, it was even larger. Next, watch the price go up.

And then eventually, it gets so small they offer a new "larger" size that costs more.

And the cycle repeats.