Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Is This Thing On?

So, nothing deep here.

I'm very happy with the summer believe it or not.

The first thing on the agenda is Ballet Camp! Two days down and its already totally worth it. Abby absolutely adores it. Let's just say she got herself ready both days! It must be serious fun.

I wish there were a Round Table closer to my house.

A clean house is akin to three days of peace and quiet. I'm going to see if I can "keep it up" for a few more days than I usually get to. It's been over 24 hours and its lookin' good. It's already a record.

Had a great baby photo session yesterday and once again need to find a way to chill and stay longer. Julie (the mom) was so easy going that she encouraged me to stay as long as I wanted to keep trying for better picture opportunities and I'm so glad I did.

The things keeping me from that are my normal rush to not inconvenience someone (yes I know people really WANT the pictures to be good, but we're talking messing up naps and making for fussy kids etc etc). My own need to get back to a babysitter or to pick up Abby at an appointed time from an appointed place. My feeling like 'okay, I've gotten as good as I can get' that if I get the opportunity to ignore I ALWAYS should because most of my favorite pictures are because I kept at it. It's the idea that you get the standards, the obvious pictures first... its in those times when I'm sitting there thinking there's nothing else that my mind says - well, you should at least try this or that.

Jack is a complete ... well... believe it or not, he moves like a lizard... though he doesn't quite leap yet.

Nothing is safe.

How are you all?

2 comments:

Lori said...

Tired. That's how I am. And needing a break from the ongoing "yat-tat-tat-tat" of a newly 4-year-old child who craves constant attention. Adding a second child has *not* been a super-smooth process, and I'm hoping it gets easier with time. Although the fact that she fits to a T the description of a strong-willed/defiant child doesn't help the adjustment.

And apparently I felt the need for a little unloading just now ;)

Ada said...

snicker - it's a good time to unload!

as Miss Pat says, the more annoying the child (not that Rachel could ever be annoying to ME) the more attention they need! Now... how do DO that? That's not so easy.