Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Peanut in the Oven

And so it begins. Abby's sibling is 7.5 weeks old and has a fluttery-fast heartbeat.

So, if you've been wondering why I've been melancholy and tight-lipped recently... the answer is that I've been more nauseous than human recently.

Sorry for the secrecy - believe me it was harder on me than you. I don't do secrets - I'm generally opposed to them actually and sure enough, trying to keep one was annoying as I would much rather whine loudly than suffer silently.

Talking and typing both make me want to hurl. As does drinking and eating, walking and showering, standing and breathing.

BUT I've been able to sleep! That's good!

I've wasted many dollars on foods that finally sound edible only to find after two bites... no... that really isn't the case... this food isn't even near edible. Throw it out and never show it to me again.

I'm a generally difficult, emotional, and cranky pregnant person. I have a hard time getting excited because I've reserved so much space for worry. Steve is challenging me to stop that. Which I can imagine trying if I weren't so constantly physically ill. I can't think passed it most of the time.

Steve has been... amazing. Dealing with extreme bouts of emotion while fielding an anxious Abby and doing household chores that make me ill to think about. I'm still stressed. There are insurance issues... but... I suppose that's all. That's good. Only one thing to deal with that was unplanned to have to deal with.

And also, sorry to all those I have lied to. Yes, Dave, I did technically lie to you at the Clippers game - however I didn't exactly say "No, I'm not pregnant" I said "No..." I could have been saying "No" to a ghost at your elbow.

2 comments:

Jen Gray said...

YAY! So excited for you! Can't wait to talk to you...

--Jen Gray

Dave said...

Most women go with a bun in the oven, but I suppose thats not good enough for a supertaster. Congrats. And let the healing of our trust issues commence.