Monday, May 21, 2007

A fine mess...

Steve and I have not been good about getting sleep. We both couldn't function Monday morning. I took up all my Abby pre-school free time sleeping. So we decided to be good tonight and were in bed, lights out by 10pm.

Only problem? I've been in bed an hour and still no sleep.

I find I fall asleep best to Snapped episodes, have to see if there are any tivo'd.

I may be... may be getting a small amount of what sanity I once had back slowly... day by day. Tonight I actually had a nice normal loving thought about Steve. Yes, yes, I realize how that sounds. But it's not that I've been unhappy with him, it's just that even the good thoughts I have had since my second month of pregnancy or so have been hormonal... overly sentimental... inhuman if you will...

There's still a long way to go. At this moment, though I am already excited/emotional about the idea of having another little wriggly baby to cuddle in December, I am also pretty darn sure I would prefer not to ever be pregnant again. I crave my own special brand of normalcy of sanity that won't be here anytime soon even if I don't feel this awful the whole time.

Once again, just like with marriage, just like when we were pregnant with Abby and after we had her I marvel at what in the world did we do with all our time before? In this case, why was I ever tired before this pregnancy? Why isn't the entire house completely done? It's ridiculous how much time we waste going about our daily lives that we don't seem to care much about until we realize we won't have the freedom to waste that sort of time for years to come.

In other news, Abby is still cute.

3 comments:

Jen Gray said...

I totally agree.

(a) Abby *is* cute.

(b) Isn't it crazy how much time we just waste away and don't realize? I feel the same way about sleep. I can hardly believe that I had years and years in which I could sleep many! consecutive! hours! overnight! Ha! Now? Not so much. Heh. What a waste. In the long run, though, we do what we need to do in order to get through the day, right? And its so rewarding and blah blah blah all that good stuff.

Jen Gray

Ada said...

you're back!! wheee!

Dave said...

I have to say - the whole falling asleep to "Snapped" thing... not at all disturbing.