Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Games...

Food is an issue. Nothing sounds good. Nothing smells good. If I manage to want to eat something and it goes down all right I am immediately sorry I managed to eat that thing.

I go to the kitchen to eat. I don't want to, but I know that if I don't the hunger pains are worse than nausea. I feel entirely bloated and unable to eat a bite of anything. I decide, I don't need another meal.

I get into bed. I realize the hunger pains are right around the corner. I go back to the kitchen. My stomach repeats it will not tolerate another meal.

No manipulation intended, but so far the only thing that can consistantly satisfy are the old stand bys: fruit punch, dry top ramon noodles, cheerios and burnt fudge.

I should mention that the nausea is better thanks to the seasickness wrist bands but that hasn't helped the food portion of the issue - I am just able to actually function now. Which is huge. Who needs food anyway?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think on the up-side...on this diet, it is almost impossible to gain the regulation 40 lbs BEFORE the kid even weighs an ounce. Especially since I am the only supplier of "Burnt Fudge" that you know..and you are entirely dependent on my mercy and judgement. You are taking your vitamins?

Anonymous said...

The biggest way I know how to comfort you is to feed you .. Now look what you've done!