Sunday, April 01, 2007

The Odd Emotion Creeps Up

Abby went to the movies today with Auntie Samantha. They saw "Meet the Robinson's" Abby did spectacular. She was so proud of herself for not being afraid. And except for a couple absolutely necessary comments, kept pretty quiet.

I may not have sounded confident, but as I drove away I got one of those pangs that comes with watching someone you love so much gain independence from you inch by inch.

*see them? crossing the street all by themselves from my side mirror.

4 comments:

James said...

Palm trees... palm trees... I miss palm trees. :(

Dave said...

Reminds me of the shots from your sniper rifle series. Oh, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that. Perhaps I've said too much.

Ada said...

For crying out loud, Dave. I trust you to keep one lousy top secret sniper assassination career a secret and look what you do.



Shoot.
There's a knock on the door.
Uh. It's the government.

Deny Everything!!

Juliana Shain said...

Aww...Adi. You're so cute.