Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Pre-School Parent Pet Peeve #1

Or grandparent in this case.

The Critic:

This grandparent at the school has this entitled view of things.
There were too many holidays on Mondays and the school won't let you make up those days so she switched her daughter to tues-fri so they didn't have to 'pay' for missing school.
The sign-up for lunch bunch was full before she got there and she's supposed to work that day - yet her granddaughter won't be there. And while parents may have to deal with that sort of problem, she is most certainly not going to work when her granddaughter is not there.
The ballet class she wasn't even supposed to join because her gdaughter was already in a class is too full. The people at the community center (not the teacher) said they wouldn't be dancing the first day. The teacher said she would split the class if it was too big. Blah blah blah blah.

I'm not exactly immune to being critical and whining but the thing about the school is that it's not the school's evil plot to screw you out of your valuable free time by having holidays. And ballet - if Abby wasn't having a great time then I might be frustrated and sad etc, but then I would hope I would take her out of the class. But that's not the case with Abby and it's not the case with this lady's granddaughter.

Blah.

5 comments:

Lori said...

What a pain in the rear!

Anonymous said...

I am not quite sure I follow all that - you may have caught my too many pronouns thing. Are we ALWAYS talking about the grandmother and HER granddaughter, or is Abby affected by this too full class too? Is there no recital after all?

AND I have lost my identiy again...

Ada said...

no that was all the grandmother complaining. recital is safe - abby is totally enamored with the dancing and doesn't mind the crowd.

Juliana Shain said...

Haha. That's funny. I'm with anonymous. I was feeling kinda stupid and decided to chalk it up to not understanding school lingo, but I got lost.

diane said...

Ah...I have figured it out! I have to sign on to yahoo or google and then come here THEN I have a name.