Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Steve's Daughter

Part One: Abby got a ton of sleep this morning (no, not last night, this morning) and since she basically didn't get up til 11am, I obviously didn't try to get her down for her nap. Anyway, she was a little more hyped up than normal when I put her to bed and for a good ten minute span was repeating in monotone, "My eye. My eye. My eye. My eye. My eye." She wanted me to come back and put Vaseline on her eye because someone *cough* mom *cough* has sworn to Abby that Vaseline can cure anything.

I had to put that in there because... it was just so... hilariously... I don't know.

Part Two: As I may have mentioned, Abby has started naming things (people, places, stuffed animals) finally. Except she's not naming them Bob, Jane, Mary. No, she's naming them "ptuchey la la hookcha." "Bear Bear" (pictured below) is now "Princess Tahukney Putnkey" and Nevada the state is a performance of hands raised, hissing and roaring then tossing herself to her knees. She will repeat this at will so please do not suggest she do this on concrete.

Part Three: Her imagination is vivid and quite maternal since so many babies have been sprouting up around us. In the below picture she is cradling a rock which she told Gramma was a blue baby elephant.











2 comments:

Juliana Shain said...

"Ptuchey la la hookcha" made me laugh out loud for a solid 2 minutes.

diane said...

I noticed the naming thing myself, except the names are so long I can't remember them long enough to repeat and question. Are they always the same name or does she make up a new name (which is what I thought) for each hour? I will take note and report any results I can remember.