Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Oh, I know what's going on.

I just realized one of the reasons I may feel grumpy. See? I did learn something from 2006. Namely even if I don't realize I am stressed about something doesn't mean I'm not.

We're on the verge again. We're doing fine financially, it's not that. But once again Steve and John have been given total encouragement - a virtual guarantee. Well... I think those just make me nervous now. Everyone gets their hopes raised and yet it is so easy to have these things fall through so no one is celebrating. It's this yucky in-between time.

I think that the waiting is almost as hard as the disappointment if it goes the unthinkably negative way. Not totally, because when it's done it's done and there's no hope for this particular opportunity and that's leveling. But the waiting is this constant tug of war between not being pessimistic - truly expecting the good - but being aware that a certain amount of caution is in order.

It's funny because I have no caution at all in the hope of Steve making it - I know he will. I just don't know when or how. BLAH. But oh when he does... I am buying shoes.


3 comments:

Juliana Shain said...

Oh good! I hear Payless is having a buy 1, get 1 pair half-off sale.

Oh, wait. You weren't thinking of splurging at Payless, were you?

So is this with the woman at VH-1?

Ada said...

Yup. It will be at least three weeks before anything moves in any direction though.

Dave said...

I feel for you. What you are going thru is what I face after every season of a show. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst is always my mindset when faced with the massive amount of unreliable information that flies in every direction in this business... Good luck!!