Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Done the Trick

You'll remember my heart was breaking every time Abby would refuse to go to school with this horribly sad look on her face or get picked up from school explaining that no one would play with her. Well, adding a day more of pre-school seems to have done the trick.

She still tries to get out of school now and then, but not nearly with the same sentiment behind it. I drop her off at school and she runs to Miss Janet to get a hug and to the other teachers. She never seems upset after school... just happy and excited and desperately wanting to continue in the fun and NOT under any circumstances, go home.

ONE tiny heartbreak moment I'll share though. I took her to the big park across the street from the school yesterday. It's pretty common for some of the kids to go there after, so I wasn't surprised when siblings showed up. Abby was overjoyed. She played and played with them. But then they had to leave and Abby was just... so disappointed. She moped over to one of the horsey things and sat on it and put her head down on the horse head and said, "But, I just want a best friend to play and have fun with."

I blame Shannon for not living across the street from us.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Sad. As glad as I am that Wesley and Abby see each other as often as they do, I do wish it was easier to get them together more frequently. Yes, once again the Alta Dena/Santa Clarita divide rears its ugly head...