Saturday, March 03, 2007

Abby's Day Out


I'm feeling sentimental about Abby's weekly adventure out with my parents. I have obviously thanked them often and sincerely and they of course appreciate being such a big part of Abby's life. Talk about a symbiotic relationship!

To start there is this anticipation of Abby's that catches at my heart, and the confidence that she has that both of them would drop anything any day of the week to be with her if Mommy didn't make things so difficult by insisting that they have to work.

Then there is the total and absolute dismissal of me as soon as Poppa gets here to take her away. If I talk too long with Poppa - particularly if she is already in her car seat and ready to go she suggests I leave because they have to go.

Finally it is this feeling that I get from her when I pick her up from her slumber party at Grammas' that it has been a totally exhausting twenty-four hours in which she has been refilled to completely exhaust us at home - but with a much happier demeanor than when she left.

There is just this total satisfaction from the whole adventure. And yes, I am completely aware that I am spoiled by it - but the great thing is - everyone involved is.

1 comment:

Chef Ed said...

and that's a beautiful, beautiful thing.