Friday, September 12, 2008

Transferrence?

OH dear.

Tomorrow is the Rose Bowl kick off thingee for soccer. I told Abby about it but had no idea what sort of picture was being formed in her little mind.

Whats going to happen (I think) is that their little group is going to run out onto the field together - I don't think anything else is happening! i.e. playing! I have no idea.

But apparently "rose bowl" already means something huge to Abby as she had a hard time going to sleep tonight at Gramma's because she was so worried about it.

To break my heart completely she texted me "Mommy. I don't know how to play soccer so I don't want to go tomorrow. abby"

I do not know if or how I transferred my terror of organized sports embarrassment onto her - I am so different about it than when I was a child - so I just can't imagine that it is my doing.

All in all, it just grinds my heart because I remember that fear so well. Intensely.

:(

I'm sending Daddy in - he has an incredible ability to chill her out on these sorts of things.

Fear of bugs- for example - totally my fault.

1 comment:

Creative Mama said...

We'll take her sometime this week to play "soccer"... M would LOVE LOVE LOVE that... we pray for a peaceful and fun morning...