Sunday, September 28, 2008

Surge

Maybe its this time of year.  

I feel like I'm in a creativity surge again.

Which is definitely a positive, but its crowded in my head at the moment ;).

I lost the book stuff I had on my laptop 25,000 words ... no word yet if it will be recoverable. Believe it or not  - thats really not THAT many words - but it would have been nice to have it to reference.  Come to think of it, my beta readers may have saved a draft or two.  Sandra and I are back on in partnership... I am pretty sure anyway.  I'm committed to seeing it through with her (we're not ready to start yet which is fine with me) but I won't feel abandoned if we decide we won't be able to do it.  I have a plan, and she's just too dang brilliant not to take the chance with.

The Christmas project has been outlined.  Ideas are flowing, both my mom and I have visions of patterns and colors, composition and energy and EMOTION we want to get started on.  

The Elizabeth House Project - which has ended up being mostly my mom as morphing what we're trying to do with watercolor hasn't turned out to be... workable in invitation accent form - and when it comes to pure drawing, my mom is the star.  BUT I still worked on it with her and will continue to until it's done.  

Photography - there is something about not having my laptop full of old handy images that makes me itch to build up a new store of material.  Itching for little ten minute sessions.  I can't take too much time away from my family obligations... but little ten minutes - here... there... just got to try to get them in.  It's really just about making those calls, "Hey - do your kids look cute today?"  ;)

So hey... if you find your kids look particularly cute - and you don't mind a whirlwind session - give me a holler.  I'm not EASY to get a hold of now a days, but I'm eager all the same.


1 comment:

diane said...

I really really expect that you will get your data back. The mother board has nothing to do with data (unless it burns up and damages the hard drive). At least this has been true in my 16 years experience of crashing mother boards. We only lost data when the hard drive crashed...and I think that happened when the power supply blew.