Sunday, September 28, 2008

Parenting 101

1) Don't worry about anything because it all just happens all on it's own.

I don't know how many hours I have spent trying to insist that Abby dress herself.... try buttoning things... eat apples...like pudding... I mean... you name it - I've worried and fretted how to get my children to achieve whatever.

And as soon as I give up... or maybe a long while after I even forgot I gave up - it all just sort of happens.

2) The child is always right (except when they insist wearing princess shoes on the stairs is safe)

Jack was unreasonable angry this morning when Steve tried to feed him. He was obviously sleepy (Jack - though Steve probably was too), and definitely wanted the bottle as the pacifier only made him angry. He would suck on the bottle for a little while, seemingly going to sleep... and then become VERY upset and try the pacifier then get upset etc. Steve brought him up to me and I tried... and quickly agreed this was not normal and checked the bottle - yup the nipple was clogged. Poor kid.

No comments: