Thursday, July 24, 2008

9 years, 9 lives


Steve and I have been married 9 years today. It's always so odd to think of it in terms like this because it feels like it's just been a flit of time - like the time within each year spans about a week and at the same time it feels like the times oh so long ago when we weren't married are just plain pre-historic. So, no comedy routine intended it does seem like we've been married forever... but its not a bad thing! I wonder if we would recognize our selves now back then. We're basically the same... just with kids added... and we're also totally different.... with kids added.

I'm happy. I think our family is as phenomenal as Dr. Phil could ever imagine. And I think we're only getting better.

Maybe for our next 9 I should pledge to... um... well... I dunno. He would say I should just give up and pledge "that Steve is always always right even when I'm sure he's wrong."

Harumph...good try hon, and you probably are... but for now, we'll table the issue and we'll revisit it at year 18.

7 comments:

Jen Gray said...

Beautiful pic, beautiful couple, and beautiful sentiments. Happy Anniversary to you both!

P.S. We'll always have you beat....11 years for us in just a week or so! Eeek! : ) Where does the time go?

Creative Mama said...

that is a beautiful picture... who took that... O WAIT... it was me... :) love you ada AND steve... happy 9 years...

Ada said...

yes fabulous... and I also want to give credit to mini-jen for the initial pose that we were recreating from our wedding day.

Albert said...

Wonderful!
Happy anniversity to 2 beautiful people.

diane said...

Happy Aniversary from me too. A beautiful day; beautiful years; two beautiful people. I am one fortunate mother/mother-in-law!

megan said...

9 years? Awesome! I actually remember the day you two got married. Really I do. I was at my grandparents house in Fullerton (we were in town from WI) and Bryan had told me to come over to his parents house for your wedding reception. Hmmmm....I knew Steve and I had already met you the summer before, but I don't think he understood that he wasn't suppose to invite extra people. :)

Bryan and I have our 3 year this August. That feels like it was just last month. Crazy.

Juliana Shain said...

Wow. Beautiful picture.

And, yes, you are a wonderful couple and an inspiration. Especially your cookie-making skills.