Thursday, May 22, 2008

Season Finales (safe for coffee and bagels)

You know what else sucks?

Season Finales.

I mean just the annoyance and general emptiness of knowing there will be nothing new for so many months is one thing (because nothing ever totally satisfies). The uneasy "oh you thought this couple was fine, but now we're throwing doubt out there so you don't get too comfortable and forget about us" season finale just depresses me and makes me resent the show and their manipulation of my emotions. CLIFFHANGER season finales are a whole other kettle of fish. They just make me mad. You really expect me to just hang on for all that time? Pfft on you. I spit on your cliffhangers CBS.

If I was really really really cool I'd tivo them and save them until the season premiere and just to spite them watch the premiere first and THEN go back and watch their pitiful rude cliffhanger.

THANK YOU "My Name is Earl" for having a decent season finale. One that refocuses the show and makes me feel a big sigh of, "Oh, good, all that I like about this show is going to be coming back with integrity after this detour of a season." Not that I had problems with the season, but you get the idea.

That is all.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Just a few more days until the Lost finale, then nine months of emptiness...