Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Gramma's Birthday (the return)



Years ago Gramma took command of her birthday to make sure she got what she wanted. Seemed fair to us (especially since she tends to feed us when she brings us all together). Seems especially fair to me who wants exactly what she does - a bunch of pictures.

You've already seen a few sprinkled here and there but the main event are the family pictures. The only problem? My picture taking has turned me into even more of a photo-monster. Now, not only do I want the pictures to be nice etc etc, but I want to be in control of them... i.e. I want to be the one pressing the button... i.e. I don't want to be in them. I mean... I do... for posterity's sake and for my own sake (I like pictures of my family together including me). But giving up control... not as easy.

So I didn't get any of my little nuclear family together. *sigh* I guess July will bring new demands. Which means I'm going to need another picture strike to prep Abby so she is not over-loaded with being asked to sit still for the camera.

I did however get a lot of interesting fun pictures and oh yes, I had a great time with my family. I guess that is the real reason Gramma likes us to get together.

SO we all drove to Mahattan Beach where Megan, Aaron and Bronx are enjoying living. We went to the Farmer's Market on that day and enjoyed very fresh food for lunch. Abby made friends with some of the other kids playing. Grandpa kept Jack from getting burned and we all just spent some time in the nice weather.

Some notable things happened. Like Jack being in the double stroller for the first time, Steve learning Manhattan Beach handicap ramps were designed by disturbed individuals, Steve dug a very deep hole, and... thats all I can remember at the moment.

Then we spent some time at the beach (well documented) and finally just stalled to miss traffic by watching a movie (Ice Age 2) and eating pizza. Abby, of course, still had energy to burn even after all this.

2 comments:

Tims said...

what a handsome family you brights are...

diane said...

Oh heck! I forgot your nuclear family.