Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Okay, I'm SERIOUS

I am currently completely addicted to the two model shows - "America's Next Top Model" and "Make Me a Supermodel" though I'm inherently AGAINST letting viewers vote people out as obviously girls are just voting to keep the guys they have developed crushes on. Pfft.

But I'm serious that all I do is fast forward til the photo-shoots and then the photo reviews. SUCH amazing photos. And so interesting about the posing. Okay so I am fast forwarding less on Tyra's version which is fascinating because I couldn't STAND Tyra four days ago. I mean completely and totally... and... well I still can't stand the "three beautiful women stand before me, but only one.." (shiver shake, awful) so I still fast forward through that - but otherwise, she's growing on me.

I am jealous of all the fantasy type shoots with the crazy cool stuff - my favorite was in Spain... I'm not wanting to become this type of photographer obviously but I adore it.

5 comments:

Chef Ed said...

ohhh, welcome to the wonderful world of being addicted to ANTM. You are lucky you can fast forward. Tyra only gets more and more annoying with each passing season.

Juliana Shain said...

I have a season pass to America's Next Top Model. I watch it every single day. It is the constant background noise to all of my thoughts. I've seen every season at least 4 times, and yet I cannot turn it off. Maybe THIS time, she won't get kicked off.

And Nigel. Come on. Let's have a moment to pause for the beauty that is Nigel.

But I do agree with you that beyond the drama, it is just fascinating to see how they form those incredible images.

Becky said...

I LOVE ANTM!!! Addicted to every cycle, and while Tyra is annoying sometimes, she is a good model right?

Ada said...

Why have you all kept your addictions silent from me?
Julie - who did you not want kicked off most?
Becky - that is her saving grace, at first when she was being all high and mighty about her little poses during judging I scoffed, and then I saw the difference and I suppose that helped me not hate her...

Juliana Shain said...

Well, one season was YaYa.

Gosh, every season has people I don't want to go.

Last season was the gorgeous black girl who looked like Sade. They cut all her hair off. Her face was so regal and her voice was stunning, too. But the more I watched her personality (she was always picking on the girl with the slight Autism) the more I thought she didn't deserve to win. And I saw her later on Tyra's show. Tyra said if she'd seen the behind the scenes, she would've made sure that girl didn't win because she was so cruel. She had all that beauty going for her and her attitude made her kinda ugly.