Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Me and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Night

How did it end up so bad? We went to bed early. The cough. The coughs are the problem.

Abby coughs horribly in her sleep and we were out of Tylenol. I go to the store in my jammies to get Tylenol but she is in such a deep sleep she won't surface.

I cough horribly - it must have been 1am or so I woke up gagging/coughing, waking up Jack as well. Steve gets me water. I fall asleep. At 2am I am awoken by a completely indignant Jack who I have just spilled cold water all over (apparently I fell asleep holding the water glass and Jack was next to me). I put a blanket down on try to get us both back asleep thinking we're both going to be moldy in the morning.

Jack not really happy, Me not really happy, Abby wakes up gagging/coughing - Steve administers Tylenol. Jack not happy for the rest of the night, Steve finally takes him downstairs at 6 or 7am at which point Jack has a huge poop. Lucky Steve.

I am RATHER cranky but gosh darn it that little boy is so darn cute and Abby slept in and so... even though I felt I just wasn't going to make it - it was just fine.

1 comment:

Albert said...

Good news -- my cough just broke yesterday after weeks of unhappiness. Since I think it's the same strain, I hope that signals some relief all around.