Wednesday, April 02, 2008

For Posterity's Sake

I know people have asked me how long it took me to lose my pregnancy weight last time and I was too busy with a baby to really document it. NOW with a webLOG I can just jot it down.
It took me three months to lose 33 pounds of pregnancy weight (course over the last month I gained three and then lost it again). I am on the verge of the golden decade (or the ten pound weight range that is my ideal) and am pretty dang happy to be here but am definitely working for another five-seven pounds- not going crazy about it though.
I fit into my clothes, but things aren't quite proportioned right yet - though that won't totally be fixed until after nursing.
I'm continuing with heartrate type exercise and will start picking up the pace by running on the treadmill which doesn't destroy my back like asphalt.

I got all my new casual clothes in one big lump of packages and I feel like a person again rather than a pregnant temp (the clothes were fun but I knew they were for a specific purpose) or a post-partum lump. Of course I do have to remind myself that I am not a lump because of course I still feel sort of lumpy - BUT the new clothes have definitely helped that.

More than anything (men look away here) I think I have finally found a nursing bra that will work well for my er body type. I have spent a ridiculous amount of money trying to find one that would work and while it wasn't a complete waste, it was frustrating. This will make a huge difference in my body image. Whoo hoo.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Share, please :) Where did you find this wondrous nursing bra? I need to get a few very soon and don't know where to get one that will support decently and not stretch out too quickly.

Creative Mama said...

your a bastard for loosing your weight... but of course I love you... and I can't wait to see your new clothes... could you loose another 30 for me?!?!

Ada said...

Only if I could still have cookies! Which I couldn't... so no!