Thursday, April 03, 2008

Fire, Flood, Aliens, Tornedo, Rodents of Unusual Size...

So Jack has gotten back into a pretty consistent sleeping pattern again. So why do the circles under my eyes just get darker and darker?

I'll tell you why.

So Jack sleeps from 8-12am and then from 1amish-5am. Seems perfectly heavenly from a baby perspective, doesn't it? But the problem is Jack has lost his "in between". He is either asleep(zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) or screaming "FIRE FIRE - THE WHOLE HOUSE IS ENGULFED IN FLAMES!"
then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz



then "MY LEG IS BEING GNAWED OFF BY BEARS!"

then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz




then "HOLY CRUD ITS AN ASTEROID, ITS AN ASTEROID!"

And then at 5 he just wants to boogie. He wants to talk and laugh and smile and coo and stare upside down at the fan - cuddle? no he does NOT want to cuddle. ANYTHING but Cuddling becuase any attempt to cuddle he responds with "AHHHH DEFORESTATION TREES ARE FALLING ON OUR HOUSE JUMP SAVE YOURSELVES!!!!!"

I would like to take a moment to say I love Steve because he has for the last couple weeks Jack has been doing this, either taken Jack with him downstairs to let me get a few minutes sleep or in some way been involved - for example: this morning Steve had to get going early so he couldn't take Jack at 6am but he wasn't mad and frustrated, he just stayed with Jack and I for a while and tickled Jack and really turned it into a rather nice morning.

4 comments:

Creative Mama said...

ooo that jack... i love him... i love the way he tells you when he wants something... and also... Tim just told me last night that steve is doing a triathalon... I am soo excited to hear about his experience

Albert said...

My son-in-law has class.

Albert said...

And I totally laughed at your humor.

diane said...

Steve is doing a triathalon?!!!!!