Sunday, April 27, 2008

First Weekly(?) Family Park Day



Well, I didn't think it was going to work. The heat and the air quality alone did not bode well for the plan. (when there were fires when Abby was born I didn't leave the house for three months with her - the news said not to people!).

BUT Auntie Samantha was (dare I say it?) right. It was nice to get out with everyone and it actually be "out" and not waiting anxiously for a table (though we did that too - note to self - let's eliminate that part for the next one) and not worried that one of the kids was going to knock over a vase or hit their head on the table (there was the kidnapping fear and the hitting one's head on a rock fear of course).

It was nice. Let's do it again. But, much as lunch was nice too, the whole thing would have been anxiety free without the wait and the not so into it server. Note to Islands: Your server is not supposed to answer the question "Do you have x?" with "You know, I really have no idea." (everyone waits for "I'll find out" but it doesn't come).

2 comments:

Creative Mama said...

love the photos... great ones of caiah... thx... love the commentary on islands... that park did kinda suck... seriously when the house reno's are all done... I don't think I'll ever eat out with kids again... :)

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the pic of you and steve!