Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Fun with Flowers

(yes that is probably a hair on my lens - I am after all losing hair in clumps. apparently, in case you were wondering, during pregnancy its not like you gain extra hair, you just don't shed as much - the hair stays in a holding pattern of sorts. Then, as your hormones stabilize back to normal all the "holding" hair, says , "whoops, time to let go" and there you have it - HAIR everywhere)

I can't say that I am particularly impressed with pictures of flowers... they don't, after all, run away or stick out their tongue or move all that much. However, I like these. I was paying attention to framing my photo without the assumption that I crop it later. Pretty basic, eh? Well, yes, but I've been concentrating ONLY on capturing those elusive baby/childhood moments for four years and seven months. The smile! The smile plus the outfit! the smile plus the outfit plus the relative! Composition was for those who fiddled with... well... plant life ;). No, for me there was one half a second at any given time that was the perfect moment that I wanted to catch. If it was a bit blurry, well, so be it... This whole focus (ha ha, no pun intended) on photography as more of a way to let outlet my creativity again is something to get used to.



I used to love taking random "Artsy" pictures but got extremely sick of paying for them to be developed and having no place for them in my photo albums or homes (this was before fantastic cameras after all) so I decided to stop being wasteful and frooffy and just take the pictures of people.

Well, now I'm looking to have it all. MWAH ha ha HA Ha ha.

3 comments:

diane said...

wow! Very artsy...maybe an album all its own would be appropriate.

Anonymous said...

Basic my foot! You can see APHIDS on that rose!

Dave said...

Breathtaking pics, Adrea...