Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Auntie Annie

The first time Annie met Abby, my dad prepared Annie that Abby was (at the time) very shy and not known for taking to new people.

But Abby (who I think had (has?) a natural instinct for who needs special attention at any given time) loved her from the first moment they met. Of course, how could a child not adore an adult that spent an hour vehemently "catching" bubbles in the living room?


The largest portion of both of my parent's families reside back East. Annie made the trip for my wedding and Aaron's wedding when it wasn't always easy. And she made us feel like it was an honor for us to welcome her.



She got to meet and adore both Abby and Jack. And OH! How she adored them.

She was a little silly, my Aunt Annie, a little on the nutty side and I feel like I might be the very silly, nutty Aunt to my family...

And she just left us. Just now...


I feel sad. And lessened.

7 comments:

Juliana Shain said...

Ohhhhhhhh............I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry. That is so sad. Please let me know if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

I'm so, so sorry.

Jen Gray said...

Sorry, hon. Prayers and blessings to you and your family.

diane said...

Someone who is so very alive leaves an empty space - our loss and heaven's boon.

Lori said...

It sounds like she must have been such a wonderful blessing, and a treasure to have known! I hope that happy memories help sustain you through the rough times. We'll be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I am saddened by the news. It is so hard to give up those we love. Your memories and the pictures will keep her dear to you each time you think of her. We will pray for you and the rest of the family.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tribute- I love you honey.
Dad