Saturday, April 26, 2008

Dinner Impressions

The reason I need to get over my anxiety about going out
Is because if I don't, I miss nights like these.




After church we went to church with Chris & Maggie & kids at Camille's at Paseo (very good - no crowd -zilch - but... well, they had run out of rice and lettuce...). We roped in Gramma because... well... we like her and we were driving.

The girls were instantly drawn to a singer in the main courtyard of Paseo and drifted back and forth between watching, eating back at the restaurant, dancing to the music, drinking their waters, and just generally enjoying the 80 degree night.

There's always something a little special feeling about warm, clear nights... (My favorite are warm windy nights) And the singer was a soft-spoken folksy kind of lady and the crowd gathered was a quiet cool sort of one, so I didn't want to use a flash, but I did want to document the moment in a quiet, soft sort of way.

And once I started with the blurs, I just wanted to get a bunch - and without the flash or the need for perfection, I wasn't bothering anyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it was a beautiful evening--in so many ways. thanks!