Thursday, April 17, 2008

In Defense of Looking Like A Slob

I just recently started trying to actually dress every day - like a real person rather than a mom... like in jeans and a shirt rather than work-out clothes.

The problem with that?

I do not feel like changing BACK into work out clothes in order to work out and then once I've done the activity I don't want to change BACK BACK into real clothes unless I get a shower which I rarely am able to do since I've just used up Jack's nap to work out.

SO I can change into real clothes later after getting washed up or Steve gets home but by then I'm cooking dinner and putting the kids down to sleep which is not particularly fun in regular clothes.

It's madness I tell you.

2 comments:

Jen Gray said...

YES! Exactly! And that is why, on any given day, you can find me wearing a tshirt (often with a sports bra embarrassingly enough) and yoga pants. Gah. Mom uniform happens for a reason though....it is so darn practical!!!

Juliana Shain said...

That's funny. That's my biggest obstacle in making it to the gym: the change and the change back. Hate it.