Sunday, March 09, 2008

The Call of Hermithood

Jack is unlike any baby I have ever had. *smirk*

When he is tired, I take a cue from Beth's nap philosophy and I put him down in his pack'n'play.

And then... he falls alseep.

I can be in the room or not, making noise or not... (I do put the little light and sounds that comes with the playyard on).

All of you who think I don't deserve such a blessing, consider a) he's only three months, things could change at any moment and b) Abby screamed hysterically while going to bed for nap or night until she was two years old (thats 24 months straight).

Which brings me to hermithood. I watch with complete disbelief everytime this happens and I feel tension I hadn't even known I had about putting a baby down to sleep seep out of my muscles.

With this sort of sleeping baby, why would I want to leave the house EVER and risk either disturbing the rhythm or waste the free time?

You don't have a response to that, do ya?

SO, we're agreed.

It's official. I'm a hermit.

I think I'll buy some black curtains and a truck full of old newspapers.

3 comments:

Jen Gray said...

Luuuucckkkkyyyyyy!!!! I may, in fact, decide to have another child after all, if I hear tell of stories like that (first child wouldn't sleep for love or money, second sleeps at the drop of the hat). You know which camp Anna falls into (smirk).

Juliana Shain said...

Ok. I'll mail you the thing I have for him. Hermits love mail. It's safe contact with the outside world.

Ada said...

I'm so glad everyone is embracing this. It makes it so much easier.