Tuesday, March 25, 2008

And So It Begins...

I am now at my "normal" pre-pregnancy weight (though things are bulky in different areas). However, just before I got pregnant I had lost ten pounds which is my personal ideal weight so I am happy that I am here, but I am still chasing ten more pounds and feel confident it's around the corner.

Still, I can fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans even if they aren't quite as loose as they were. Ironically, since I have issues with tight clothing some of my pants that I bought loose fit perfect right now.

BUT, though, my mom may not believe me,I have very few non-maternity clothes left and could probably do away with 90% of what I have even now. In fact, I will go ahead and do that in the morning. Even my tank tops are from a different style era.

I fell into a trap of buying what was on sale rather than what fit right or what fit into the style I wanted to embody for lack of a better word... portray sounded like I was being a poser.

I do not want to waste money on clothes that do not fit perfectly into what I want my wardrobe to be.

Which means looking around, really shopping, and really returning if its not right. And paying attention to what I have, what works together and what I need.

So, my eyes are sore from looking on the internet, but when the day ends I feel good about my purchases - they are things I've tested or thought over and over about. All are casual, all are easily returnable... and I think they all sort of go together.

Now I must take a break from shopping for anoter few months... or more? To really test my theories here.

p.s. Our back yard is IN PROGRESS, how exciting is that?

2 comments:

Jen Gray said...

Awesome about the clothes...can't wait to see what you've pulled together and happy to be a part of it!

Congrats on losing the weight; I'm thinking it took me longer than that to lose it all! I'm sure the last 10 you want gone will be gone before you know it. Gotta love breastfeeding for weight loss! Yippee!

Can't wait to see the backyard! Post some pics soon!

I think I'm exclamation mark happy today! Yay!

Creative Mama said...

backyard... does that mean grass!?!?! you will now NEVER need to leave your home...
congrat's on the weigh down...

xo