Sunday, May 15, 2011

Survival Mode

I was at Abby's Daisy Troop sleepover (which was super fun but not long enough says me - perhaps not says Steve) and the other moms there (who's girls were all the younger of their children - excepting for Maggie with Gus who doesn't count cuz he's so cute and easy).

And they were talking about what they were most looking forward to in Summer. And they came around to me and I just looked at them all like they were crazy. Summer? I'm not looking forward to SUMMER! Are you all crazy? I have a hubby that doesn't take vacations and even if he did, vacations are not relaxing, they are just times when I have no childcare for my children!

There's a time in the future - somewhere where I think vacation will be awesome - or summers or what ever... but not this day...

1 comment:

Jen Gray said...

Even as the parent of only one child I totally get it. I had a moment of panic just now when I realized that I haven't signed Anna up for ANY summer activities/camps/whatever for the entire summer and that means....whoa. School ends soon. Then what?

Bright side: beach days. Those are good. : )

Agreed on the vacation point.