Saturday, May 14, 2011

Fix Me

Jack was hyper before bed or rather, DURING bedtime routine tonight. So it took a lot of non-interactingly putting him back to bed:
his blankets "aren't working"
he wants crackers next to him on the bed
he wants his water refilled
he wants a kiss where he bumped his head
he wants crackers to eat
he wants his crackers waiting for him on the railing of the bed
he wants quick kisses
he wants to send kisses to me

Finally I tag team to Steve who, oddly enough, has less patience for all this but 7000x more patience than he did a few months ago. Sleep does do wonders. Anyway, somehow this sets up an anxiety response in Jack and that's my cue.

BECAUSE, unfortunately for Steve, as soon as he gets Jack to that point I know all I have to do is go in, do my normal routine or hug and kiss and "nigh nigh" and it will be done.

This time I went back in after Steve was showing signs of cracking under the insanity and Jack said, "Momma, can you fix me?" He wanted me to kiss his head again where he bumped it and I did and he said "Nigh Nigh" and then "I love you Momma" This is brand new. As in the last night or two and if its designed to melt my heart into a pile of mush, it achieves it's purpose very well.

And... that was it.

No comments: