Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I'm like Walt Disney...

Kids just flock to me... or... not...

Abby spent some much needed loosey-goosey time with Sarah and Micaiah today and when I finally came to pick her up (after SIX hours mind you, not like a fifteen minute tease of a playdate) Abby, of course, gave a little whine and pout and would probably have burst into tears if she hadn't been so exhausted. Micaiah however, in his father's arms just woken up from a nap, looked at me for a second... then his face just fell in complete misery and he dissolved into quiet tears as his logic figured out that I was certainly there to take Abby away from him.

So yup, my arrival inspired complete emotional devastation.

2 comments:

Juliana Shain said...

So cruel. How do you even look yourself in the mirror?

Ada said...

I just turn, do an evil incantation and say "Mirror, mirror on the wall..."